Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fall 2010

I've always been someone who enjoyed a good challenge. I've had very difficult semesters throughout my college career but this one sure as hell took the cake. I'm almost certain it has destructed my mental health. For the first time in my life I felt incompetent. Now, as a college student these are feelings that can be very damaging and detrimental. We are in a situation where if we feel like we can't we have to decide whether or not it's wise to continue to spend 42,000 dollars a year only to never fully grasp what your being taught. I for one am not the type to give up just because of a mere 6-10 week struggle but I wonder... How many people who could have been great gave up on there dream because a professor told them they didn't have what it takes. How many of Obama's peers laughed when he told them he was thinking of rumbaing for president? All I'm saying here is... When the going gets tough... Show the going who's boss. I feel like this semester only taught me that life isn't smooth sailing just because I'm smart and intelligent (and I say that humbly) sometime there are going to be major set backs, like fall 2010. Life doesn't always go according to plan. I'm really taking this major loss with a bucket of sugar but Im not giving up. What do you do when you find yourself in a situation that you feel is trying your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment