Monday, December 13, 2010

Unusual Addictions

So... Usually people who are addicted to social networks have no life. Although I'm addicted, I am not one of those. My addiction is severe. I'm someone who likes to know things. Ive been that way throughout my whole life. Popularity was never a factor, there are times and situations where I have been the popular one and times when I was just some girl, in both cases I still needed to know what was happening around me. My love for twitter came about because people tweet their realest feelings (whether they realize it our not) and often times just by following someone... even if they are "fronting for twitter" it is not difficult to get a sense of who that person is.
While trying to have a friend join the network I told her its like a sure fire way of keeping up with your friends even when they are no where near you.
This isn't a post to profess my love for social networks (its actually a way to procrastinate now that Ive eliminated them for finals seasons) but to share with you something Ive noticed. My constant interaction with friends (and people of that nature) through my twitter and Facebook has almost nullified the fact that I do not have any friends at my new school, it actually minimizes my efforts (although i do make some) to form new relationships. I find myself so sealed into the life of my friends, people of that nature and the people I love that as opposed to settling into my situation I keep tabs with them and anticipate gatherings.
Should their be a cap on friendships? Is there an amount that once your content you should stop? There cant possibly THAT many people in this world that you get along with so well. (unless your Greek, of course) By the way I forgot many of my readers dont know me. Theses thought (these somewhat random thoughts) are not usual for me. Im the type of person who loves to meet new people. Im just wondering If its completely necessary to make more friends and have more relationships that I would like to be everlasting. How many people should I really share bonds with? I haven't been victim to a back stabbing friendship yet but Im quite sure that having too many and the eagerness to have friends can be a prime factor.

That being said, Im not bitter that I havent mad friends at school yet. (Disappointed but not bitter). I just wonder... if i couldn't connect to the people im familiar with... would I be upset and saddened at my lack of friends on campus? Would I make more of an effort to hang with people here? Hmmmmm I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment